If you like gazpacho, you’re gonna love this!
I started to eat about 2 cups of this about every 3 days after I had my big funk day ( somewhere around day 30) to make sure I’m getting enough protein. Yes, its not juice, but hey this is my program and my body and its still veggies.
Generally I use a combination of black, kidney, pinto, great northern, edamame, chick peas – whatever I happen to have/grab out of the pantry. In this batch shown I used:
- 8oz packet of edamame, steamed & shelled
- 1 can dark kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can great northern beans, rinsed
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped fine, but not minced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped fine, but not minced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped fine, but not minced
- 2 scallions, sliced, white & green parts
- 1 cucumber, chopped fine, but not minced
- 1 really big tomato, chopped fine, but not minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Old Greek Salad Dressing (whatever store brand is on sale)
- S&P to taste ( I go really heavy on the pepper and fairly light on the salt, cause there’s sodium in the dressing)
Mix it all up and stick it in the ‘fridge, best served chilled – enjoy!