You’ll be hard pressed to find such an exotic dish this quick & easy to prepare. Gather your ingredients and its 10 minutes to table! The sweet of the oranges, the salt of the olives and the savory of the oregano is a heavenly combination. You can serve this either warm or cold.
- 10-oz box couscous
- 2 tbs orange juice concentrate
- 5 sprigs fresh oregano (about a tbs dried) Strip the sprigs, leave leaves whole.
- zest of an orange
- S&P to taste
- 2 cups boiling water
Put couscous, oj, zest, oregano, S&P in a bowl. Add boiling water, stir quickly to mix well, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Then while that’s doing its magic …
- 1 can Mandarin oranges (without syrup if you can find it, in either case, drain well) and slice oranges in half
- about 20 Kalamata olives, pitted, sliced in half length wise and half again for 4 lengthwise pieces each
- 10 sprigs parsley, chopped up
- 2 tbs EVolive oil
The couscous should be about done for you now,yes? Fluff it with a fork then add oranges, olives, oil and parsley. Mix well. Serve immediately warm or stick it in the ‘fridge for a cold salad later.