- 1/4 head cauliflower, broken up into florets, stems chopped up
- 1 cup of corn, fresh is best, thaw if frozen, or drain well if canned, do not use creamed.
- 1 big scallion or green onion, rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic smashed & chopped
- 1/3 cup rough chopped parsley
- 2 tbs oil divided (I use either sesame or EV olive oil)
- S&P to taste
Steam the cauliflower until it is fork tender, about 7 minutes.
While that’s steaming:
Chop the onion, garlic and parsley. Set parsley aside.
Heat 1 tbs oil in saute pan to medium heat, quickly saute the onion, garlic and corn until onion is translucent and it smells heavenly – about 4 -5 minutes.
Put cauliflower and parsley in food processor and process until well mashed and integrated. Mix onion, garlic and corn into cauliflower mixture with S&P.
Heat other tbs of oil in saute pan to medium heat. Divide mixture into 4 patties and saute patties 4 minutes on each side.
Serve as a meal with a salad or as a side dish. These are good with any sauce you’d use with potato pancakes:
- Apple sauce
- Sour cream
- Yogurt & dill sauce