Because we have to get our greens in, I like romaine lettuce for the more “delicate” juices. It adds almost no flavor yet is surprisingly healthy and full of good stuff.
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- nice bunch of parsley (from the garden)
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cucumbers (thanks, Susie, the deer got all our cukes this year!)
- equal bulk tomatoes to cukes, I’m using some of my White Cherry tomatoes with the red Early Girl)
- bell peppers (these are awesome mini peppers from the garden)
- splash of red wine vinegar
Juice up the veggies, pour into a glass chilled in the freezer and add the splash of red wine vinegar – if you like it really chilled and I do, put it in the ‘fridge for a couple hours and then drink up.