- We learned some really tasty new recipes
- Herb is sleeping better
- My eyesight improved a bit, can read a lot more stuff without reading glasses!
- Lots of food prep – this regime is not for the person used to quick fix-it type meals or people that eat out a lot. It wasn’t so bad for Herb & I because we are used to prepping fresh veggies.
- Some recipe items were hard to find and pricey here in rural USA.
- No noticeable change in inflammation (hip pains)
- No increase in energy or general feeling of well being.
I thought cutting out dairy (I’m a cheese nut) would have a bigger impact. While I did drop 8.5 pounds I cannot attribute it to just the dairy because we eliminated sugar and meat too, as well as cheese sauces, gravies, etc. I haven’t noticed any change that to my mind would justify the expense of this regime.
Mostly it was a 21-day diet to get you off diary, meat and sugar. Herb & I both enjoy vegetables, especially fresh our of our garden, and it is not unusual for us to have a big salad or veggie stir fry for dinner.
What was new for us is quinoa (pronounced Keen-wha) which we both liked a lot. There was also tempeh (a differently processed fermented soy product like tofu is a fermented soy product) that neither of us cared for. We’ve had lentil soups but hadn’t had lentils as a side dish and the lentil-lime salad was really good.
I’d have to say my most favorite recipe surprise was zucchini cashew soup. I’m okay with zucchini, not a favorite, but I wouldn’t flick it off my plate and I don’t care for cashews. Yet put the two together and it was HEAVENLY!
We also ate a lot more fruit, fruit platters most every breakfast, that we enjoyed.
While I respect and value all the Beachbody products and programs that I have knowledge, I won’t be recommending this one to my clients unless someone is living a really toxic lifestyle and is serious about wanting a change.