Turbo Jam Day 23 of 28
Tomorrow is Earth Day – a time to celebrate everything about our wonderous our Planet Earth, to renew and re-align ourselves with the environment. Check out this article for some ideas on how to get out of the gym and off the treadmill! I’ll be hiking in the lovely foothills, if the rain holds off!
Get Outside for Earth Day
by Andrea K. Walker, The Baltiimore Sun
Earth Day workout plans
Earth Day has become more than a day where Americans clean parks and plant trees or flowers. The American Council on Exercise is using it as a day to promote outdoor activity.
They are encouraging people to trade the treadmill for a walk in the park or the weight bench for an outdoor yoga class. Here are five workouts they suggest for Earth Day, which is Sunday.
1. Go off-road: A great way to escape the city life and reduce stress is to hike in nature.
2. Ride your bicycle: What better way to explore your neighborhood, city or local trails than from the vantagepoint of a bicycle? Bicycling is a great cardiovascular workout and will strengthen legs, glutes and core.
3. Get wet: Swimming laps offers a great full-body workout. Whether at a lake or splashing around in the pool, swimming can be a great workout for young and old alike.
4. Inline skate: Inline skating around the neighborhood or in a public park make for great family fun.
5. Calm the mind: Rolling out a yoga mat in nature may be the ideal stress-reliever.